August is always so hot but there’s nothing better than a sweet treat or a refreshing drink to cool you off. Here are a couple recipes to get you through the hottest part of the summer. Enjoy!
Hawaiian Fruit Salad
We found this recipe from Taste of Home online where you can find plenty of great recipes and decorating tips!
– 1 pineapple
– 1 pint strawberries
– 1 kiwi
– 3 bananas
– ¾ cup grated coconut
- slice pineapple in half lengthwise and remove core
- scoop out fruit, cutting into 1 inch chunks
- Place into large mixing bowl
- Slice strawberries in half and peel and slice kiwi
- Cut bananas into slices and add all fruit to mixing bowl
- Stir in half the coconut
- Fill pineapple haves with fruit mixture and top with remaining coconut
- Chill before serving
This delicious recipe came from Averie Cooks. This blog is perfect for finding fresh recipes and lifestyle tips to living a fun and healthy life!
– 1 can of orange juice concentrate
– 1 cup milk
– ½ cup sugar or to taste
– 1 TSP vanilla extract
– 2 cups ice
- Combine all ingredients in a blender
- Blend until smooth
This refreshing chiller came from Urban Walls! This website has the cutest wall decor and you can buy all of these awesome decals on her website so check it out!
– 1 12-ounce can frozen pineapple juice concentrate
– 1 6 ounce can of frozen limeade concentrate
– 4 cups cold water or 1 liter of club soda
– Ice cubes
– Fresh strawberries
– Short (6 inch) wooden skewers
– Assorted fruits such as halved orang slices, halved lime slices, orang sections, raspberries, strawberries, sliced kiwi and mint sprigs
- Pour pineapple juice, limeade, water ice cubes and strawberries into a large pitcher.
- Stir it around with a wooden spoon.
- Take your fresh fruit and put them on skewers to stick in the drinks when serving
Do you feel chilly yet?