Who hasn’t enjoyed a few Pizza Bagels back in the day? I sure have; they were my favorite after-school snack! In an effort to revamp the pizza bagel that I used to eat as a kid, we came up with our own recipe that is free of artificial preservatives, high-fructose corn syrup and GMOs.
Our bagels are adequately-sized and pre-sliced so that your kiddos will still have an appetite (and their fingers!) for dinner.
For this recipe, I decided to use Amy’s Organic Family Marinara Pasta Sauce and Applegate Natural Provolone Cheese because they’re great-tasting products made only with the best natural ingredients! For an additional dipping sauce, I chose Cosmo’s Original Spicy Ranch not only for the delicious taste, but also because Cosmo’s is our hometown neighbor here in Boulder, Colorado!
- 1 Rudi’s Organic Multigrain Bagel
- Amy’s Organic Family Marinara Pasta Sauce
- Applegate Naturals Provolone Cheese
- Original Cosmo’s Spicy Ranch
- 1/2 cup Chopped Organic Arugula
- Separate halves of bagel. Spread ~1 tbs. marinara over each half of bagel.
- Divide arugula and cheese evenly between the bagel halves. Sprinkle cheese on first and top with arugula.
- Place bagel halves in a toaster oven and cook for 4-6 minutes or until cheese begins to melt and the bagel halves turn slightly golden brown.
- Remove from oven and drizzle ~1 tsp. Spicy Ranch over each bagel half.
- Place bagel bites on a plate and happy !