Baked on the Bright Side
Organic Thanksgiving: Homemade Stuffing Recipe with Rudi’s Organic Bread!
November 26, 2013
Ingredients (Serves 12):
- 13 slices of your favorite Rudi’s Organic Bread (Try our Jewish Light Rye!) (About 8 cups) = Roughly 1 loaf.
- 2.5 cups vegetable stock or broth
- ½ tablespoon kosher salt,
- ½ teaspoon fresh sage
- ½ teaspoon fresh thyme
- ½ teaspoon fresh parsley
- ½ teaspoon fresh rosemary
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 °F and cube the bread
- Spread the diced bread on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes or until lightly golden. Give the pan a shake midway through so the cubes brown evenly. Remove pan and let the bread cool.
- Transfer the toasted bread, chopped herbs to a large bowl. (If you want to add celery or onions, do now)
- Now, drizzle a bit of the stock over the bread cubes and gently mix. Repeat until all the bread is moistened but not soggy.
- Oil a baking dish, transfer the dressing to the dish and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the top is crispy. Serve warm.