The beginning of the school year marks the time where all of us parents are scrambling to find dinner recipes that are both quick, healthy and family friendly. Chicken-Caesar Salads are a very good, if not great recipes for this category of cooking. Anyone can order a chicken Caesar at a restaurant, however we will never know exactly what is being put into it (ie non-Organic ingredients, GMO ingredients, preservatives/additives, extra sugar). That being said, it is extremely easy to source and ensure the 6 ingredients for my chicken Caesar recipe fit you and your family’s health/allergy requirements.
I chose to Annie’s Caesar Salad Dressing because its organic, gluten-free, low-sugar and light ingredient list results in an excellent taste! It was easy to convert my Rudi’s Organic bread into croutons in just 15 minutes. Once again, I chose Rudi’s for having the cleanest ingredient list amongst other bread products.
From August to October, Rudi’s has partnered with KIWI Magazine to celebrate “Take Your Parents to Lunch Day.” Written based on their mantra, “Growing families the natural and organic way,” KIWI is a great magazine for families living the Rudi’s lifestyle. Together, Rudi’s and KIWI are hosting our “Say Cheese” photo contest! The contest is simple: take a picture of your kid(s) eating a Rudi’s sandwich (maybe this recipe?) and submit it to this link. All contest participants are eligible to win a weekly prize as well as the grand prize; a $500 gift card to Whole Foods Market!
To help parents pack a healthy lunch for their kids this back-to-school season, all visitors to the Say Cheese site will be able to download a $1 off coupon redeemable for any healthy, kid-pleasing, Rudi’s Organic or Rudi’s Gluten-Free product.
Ingredients (Serves 4-5)
- 3lbs of Chicken Thighs (I prefer dark meat) or Breasts
- 2 Heads of Romaine Lettuce
- 3-4 Slices of Rudi’s Organic Bread cut into crouton-sized squares
- Ceasar Salad Dressing
- Cherry Tomatoes (cut in halves or quarters)
- Parmesan Cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 300 and bake Slices of Rudi’s Organic Bread squares slightly drizzled with olive oil and salt on a baking sheet for 15 minutes.
- If you are not using leftover chicken, preheat grill and cook chicken to your liking. I like marinating mine in some BBQ sauce free of high-fructose corn syrup before grilling.
- Clean lettuce and tomatoes.
- Toss lettuce with Annie’s dressing.
- Add Chicken, sliced cherry tomatoes and Rudi’s croutons.
- Top with shaved Parmesan cheese.