As the holidays grow closer, we are all looking forward to our favorite meals. However, sometimes those spice mixes have unexpected ingredients – like pesticides. If you are trying to make your meal organic, then do not pass up this opportunity to learn how to mix your own organic spices together to make all those wonderful holiday treats.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice – This simple recipe only has four ingredients and is super easy to make. All you have to do is find organic ginger, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg, preferably freshly ground, and you have the perfect spice for that pumpkin pie everyone loves.
- Hot Cocoa–Originally a recipe from Food Network cook Alton Brown, this unusual cocoa recipe has a touch of spice to make it nice. If you are a connoisseur of fine cocoa and thumb your nose at chemical filled store bought brands, then this is the recipe for you!
- Allspice – Easy and simple with only three ingredients: nutmeg, cloves, and cinnamon, this allspice recipe will have you wondering why you did not make your own long ago.
- Italian Seasoning – This recipe is not as simple, but it is tasty! All you have to do is combine the ingredients and then grind them to a fine powder. The seasoning will store well in an airtight container.
- Taco Seasoning–I do not know about your family, but my family eats a lot of Mexican food. This recipe for taco seasoning is a lifesaver, especially when you want to avoid all those chemicals the stores add. Including MSG!
- Ranch Dressing and Dip–Yummy! I love some ranch dip on my chips or even mixed in my turkey burgers. For the great flavor without the pesticides, mix up your own. The ingredients are simple: parsley, black pepper, basil, garlic powder, dill, and onion powder.
Hopefully I have given you some idea of how easy it is to make your own seasonings and mixes. There are so many ingredients that you already have in your home that you can use to make healthy, organic alternatives to store bought brands. See what you can create!
Author Bio: Paul and his wife Julie both spend quite a bit of time coming up with ideas, blogging, and researching all things related to childcare. They take care of all the necessary information related to “babysittingjobs.com/”. He personally thinks his blog will help with finding information on all things related to a babysitter.