For this recipe, we used our Gluten-Free Ciabatta Rolls. The size of these rolls are perfect for crostinis or bruschetta AND the insides of the rolls stay soft and fluffy after you bake or toast them!
Ingredients (for ~30 crostinis):
- 1 bag Rudi’s Gluten-Free Ciabatta Rolls (either flavor works!)
- 9 oz 100% baby kale
- 2 tbs. unsalted butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
- Slice Ciabatta Rolls into quarters and toast on low until slightly golden-brown
- In a small pan, cook kale until just tender (3-4 minutes). Drain, squeeze, and chop finely
- In a large skillet, melt butter and add garlic. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally for 2 minutes or until just starting to brown. Add kale and cook an additional 2 minutes, adding in red pepper and cream. Let sit on simmer until cream has thickened. Slowly stir in the blue cheese
- Spread creamed kale over tops of toasted Ciabatta Rolls and garnish with more cheese and/or and fresh parsley if desired.
- Best served warm.
Looking for a delicious (and easy) GF breakfast recipe? We made a gluten-free egg sandwich using our NEW Deli-Style Bread with Caraway Seeds!
- 2 slices Rudi’s Deli-Style with Caraway Seeds sandwich bread
- 2 eggs, hard boiled
- 1 1/2 tbs. Hain Safflower Mayonnaise
- 1/3 cups green cabbage, sliced thin
- 1/3 cups red cabbage, sliced thin
- 1/3 cups red onion, sliced thin
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Toast the two slices of Deli-Style with Caraway Seeds bread until brown.
- In a bowl, mix together the green cabbage, red cabbage, and red onion.
- In a separate bowl, break the eggs by mashing them with a fork.
- Place toast on a plate and spread Hain Safflower Mayonnaise on the top.
- Add mashed eggs and then top with the cabbage mixture. Salt and pepper the top to taste.
We can say with some certainty that we’re pretty good at baking bread. After all, we’ve been at it since 1976! Now, we’ve expanded our horizons in the kitchen beyond our delicious sandwich breads and tortillas. 2014 brought in a wave of new products including our one-of-a-kind gluten-free Ciabatta Rolls! For a complete list of our new products, click here.
As the only par-baked roll of this kind in the entire gluten-free market, we take pride in our creation and want you to enjoy it as much as we do! As with our entire gluten-free product line, our Ciabatta Rolls are baked with two ideals in mind: 1. excellent taste and 2. a simple and entirely non-GMO ingredient list!
Our Ciabatta Rolls come in two flavors: Rosemary Olive Oil and Plain. They’re super easy to cook either in the oven OR microwave and have a taste that’s hard to top! They’re perfect to ensure that everyone at your family dinner can enjoy a delicious, warm, and fluffy roll with their plates. You can also serve the rolls by themselves or use Cosmo’s Spicy Ranch as an excellent dipping sauce!
In fact, we paired our rolls with Cosmo’s Spicy Ranch for this recipe. Not only are they our hometown neighbors (go Colorado!), all of Cosmo’s ranch recipes are gluten-free, vegetarian, and contain absolutely no preservatives!
- 1 bag Rudi’s Gluten-Free Ciabatta Rolls
- Cosmo’s Spicy Ranch (any flavor!)
- Cook Ciabatta Rolls in toaster over at 350 degrees for 4 minutes or until toasted.
- Pour 1 cup Spicy Ranch into a bowl, place rolls on a plate, and serve!
- Optional: cut rolls into 1/2″ slices and arrange for more people to enjoy!
Also try Rudi’s Ciabatta Rolls with Cosmo’s ranch on a party platter! Simple slice rolls into 1/2 inch pieces and place them on a tray with a small bowl of Cosmo’s Ranch in the middle!
Berry Yogurt Parfaits with Cherry-Almond Granola
by Frances Largeman-Roth, RDN
Makes 4 servings
4 Rudi’s GF Cherry-Almond bars, crumbled (1 cup)
11/4 cups low-fat vanilla yogurt
11/2 cups mixed berries (blueberries, raspberries and quartered strawberries)
2 teaspoons honey
1. In each of four parfait glasses, spoon 2 tablespoons yogurt, 2 tablespoons crumbled bar, ¼ cup berries, another 2 tablespoons yogurt, 2 tablespoons berries, and any remaining granola. Drizzle each parfait with 1/2 teaspoon honey. Serve immediately, or cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 3 hours before serving.
Recently, I’ve been inspired by many of the flavors and ingredients that are used in mexican dishes. Chicken wraps are always a great lunch for me because I love using leftovers from my fridge. You can put most foods in a tortilla and it will always turn out amazing. I wanted to share this recipe with you because I love the southwest quinoa in my wraps. This lunch is a super protein packed lunch and will keep you satisfied throughout your day.
I used Rudi’s Gluten-Free Spinach Tortilla for the wrap and this time, I decided to use Applegate’s Natural Grilled Chicken Breast Strips which was wonderful in my wrap!
- Shred or cut chicken strips into smaller pieces and set aside.
- Cook quinoa according to manufacturer’s instructions. I do recommend cooking it in chicken broth instead of water to make it extra tasty!
- In a bowl, combine quinoa, beans, corn, onion, and sun-dried tomatoes and mix together.
- Spoon quinoa mixture onto tortilla. Top with sliced avocado, cabbage shreds, chicken, and lettuce.
- Roll the tortilla up and slice in half for a healthy, gluten-free meal!
Rudi’s Gluten-Free Multigrain Bread with Goat Cheese and Apples
Developed by: Frances Largeman-Roth, RDN
1 slice Rudi’s Gluten-Free Multigrain Bread, lightly toasted
1/2 ounce plain goat cheese, softened
3 thin slices of Fuji apple (skin on)
1/2 teaspoon honey, preferably tupelo
freshly ground black pepper
Spread the goat cheese evenly over the toasted bread. Top with the apple slices lengthwise, drizzle with the honey, and finish with a light sprinkle of pepper. Cut into quarters and serve.