The flavor is amazing. Not everyone makes an oyster stuffing but I stumbled on it years ago and my family won’t let me make stuffing with out it. Time to prepare: 6hrs and 30mins
2 loafs Rudis Gluten Free Bread (regular flavor)
1 roll of Jimmy Dean Regular Flavor Sausage
2 jars Western Oyster (fresh or frozen)
1 large onion
1 Bunch Celery – leaves and all
1 package turkey giblets
1 turkey neck and giblets that are included
1 20 Lb. TurkeyTurkey
Sage, Tyme, Basil, Rossemary, Parsley Marjoram and salt (used fresh or flaked spices)
- Thaw and clean Turkey remove neck & giblets and extra giblets and put in sauce pan with 1 1/2 cups of water simmer until tender
- Retain liquid brown sausage, drain let cool.
- Put in large bowl.
- Cut loafs of bread into 1/2 inch cubes add to large bowl
- Cut onion into small cubes, add to bowl
- Cut celery into small pieces also chopping up the leaves, add to bowl
- Remove meat from neck and cut into small pieces, add to bowl
- Cut giblets into small pieces and add to bowl
- Add to dressing mix
2 Tablespoons rubbed sage
1/2 teaspoon of remaining spices
1 Teaspoon salt
Pour liquid from giblets over mixture and toss thouroughly
10. Put into body cavity and neck cavity on turkey. Truss feet together..
11. Place into turkey cooking bag and put into large roaster and bake at 325 degrees for 5 to 5 and 1/2 hours until timer pops up.
12. Remove from oven and stand for 20 minutes.
13. Remove stuffing and put into attractive serving bowl – garnish with fresh parsley.
14. Place Turkey on large platter garnish with more parsley and cranberries.
Recipe by Charlotte R Richarz