Having trouble bringing awesome flavor and texture to your gluten-free, vegetarian grilling entrée? Look no further! Earlier this week, I found great ingredients and creative ways to grill the best tasting gluten-free veggie burger. First and foremost, I gave special attention to finding the best veggie burger patty with the highest quality ingredients and the most naturally sourced, best tasting gluten-free bun on the market!
Amy’s Kitchen makes a variety of pre-made foods and they have truly nailed down their line of veggie/gluten-free burger patties. For this recipe, I am using Amy’s Bistro Burger, which is made entirely with GMO-free ingredients, most of which are organic.
Rudi’s Gluten-Free recently revamped its burger and bun recipe to posses a softer texture and yummy taste, while still following its strong company stance to withhold all GMO ingredients from its recipes.
Both the burger patty and the buns keep well in your freezer for 6 months and they thaw relatively quickly for convenient use.
- Rudi’s Gluten-Free Hamburger Buns
- Amy’s Kitchen Bistro Burger
- Cheddar Goat Cheese
- Alfalfa Sprouts
- Roasted Tomatoes (in olive oil)
- Cucumber (Sliced into Thin Circles)
- 1 Avocado (Sliced)
- ½ Red Onion (Sliced)
- ½ Cup of Mushrooms (Sliced)
- 1 Jalapeño (Chopped)
- Your Favorite BBQ Sauce (Hopefully Made without High-Fructose Corn Syrup!)
- Olive Oil
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Dijon Mustard
Ingredients for Complimentary Salad with Balsamic Dijon Vinaigrette:
- Mixed Greens
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Tsp Dijon Mustard
- ½ Red Onion
- Normally Sliced Cucumber Circles Cut into Fourths
- Ground Black Pepper
Emulsify the olive oil, balsamic vinaigrette, and Dijon mustard in a small cup with ground black pepper. Pour onto greens with the red onion and cucumber garnishes.
- Take thinly sliced cucumber circles and lay them flat on a small plate. Pour 1-2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar onto the plate and sprinkle the cucumber slices with salt.
- Place ½ of your sliced red onion, all of your mushrooms and jalapeño in a medium skillet with 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil on medium-high heat to sauté. Note: this is an optional step. You can always serve these veggies raw on your burger.
- Pre-heat grill
- Spread your favorite BBQ sauce on both sides of the Amy’s Burger Patty
- Follow the Amy’s grilling instructions to cook your burger. Add cheddar cheese during the final moments of grilling.
- Toast Rudi’s Gluten-Free Hamburger Buns on the grill. Important Note: Gluten-free buns toast (and burn) at an accelerated rate compared to buns containing gluten.
- Remove burger and buns from the grill.
- Add garnishes including Alfalfa Sprouts, sautéed veggies, and roasted tomatoes to burger and serve. Enjoy!