Summer is the perfect time to experiment with some traditional recipes by adding a light, refreshing seafood twist! Case in point: How about a Crab Quesadilla?! A quesadilla is nothing without a special dipping sauce! We decided a Wasabi Sriracha sour cream is a perfect complimentary kick to a crab quesadilla. We also recommend including your favorite guacamole recipe!
- 3/4 cup cooked and chopped crabmeat
- 1/2 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded & divided
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 avocado
- 1 lime
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup of chopped cilantro
- 1 serrano pepper
- 1 jalapeño pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic, minced
- Rudi’s Gluten-Free Spinach Tortilla
- 4 tablespoons butter or olive oil or both!
Sriracha Wasabi Sour Cream
- 1/2 tspn wasabi
- 1 Tbspn sriracha
- 1 cup sour cream
- Chop and sauté red pepper, serrano pepper and jalapeño pepper together on med-high heat with olive oil or butter. Add minced garlic towards the end of the sauté and reduce to med/med-low heat.
- Combine crabmeat, Monterey Jack cheese, mozzarella cheese, cheddar cheese, green onions and garlic in medium bowl; squeeze 1/2 of lime over ingredients and mix well.
- Spread about 1/2 cup mixture and sliced avocado onto 2 tortillas; sprinkle evenly with remaining Monterey Jack cheese.
- Top with remaining tortillas.
- Melt 1 tablespoons butter on cast iron griddle over medium-high heat.
- Add one quesadilla; cook for 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Cut each into six wedges.
- Serve with Sriracha Wasabi sour cream for dipping.