- 4 large green bell peppers, sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 large yellow bell peppers, sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 large Vidalia onion, sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 large eggplant, sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 12 Baby Portabello mushrooms, sliced
- 3 medium peaches, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Juice from 1 orange
- 3 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 pieces Rudi’s Multigrain bread, toasted
- 1/4 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. ground coriander
- Pinch of paprika
- 1 tsp. fresh tarragon leaves, finely chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground white pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, combine all vegetables and peaches. Drizzle with olive oil, freshly squeezed orange juice and balsamic; gently toss to coat.
- Break Rudi’s toast into pieces; place in the food processor to create a breadcrumb like consistency. Remove from food processor.
- Add Rudi’s bread crumbs, chili powder, coriander, paprika, tarragon, sea salt and pepper. Again, gently toss to combine.
- Set aside for 15 minutes, covered.
- Meanwhile, preheat the grill to medium heat.
- Place marinated peaches and vegetables onto the grill; grill for 4-5 minutes per side or until cooked and soft.
- Remove peaches and vegetables from grill; transfer to a serving platter.
- Serve warm or chilled.
Amie Valpone, HHC, AADP is a Manhattan-based culinary marketing consultant specializing in gluten-free “clean” eating. Her experience as a marketing consultant spans the hotel, spa, restaurant and FMG sectors, where she creates menus, develops marketing and publicity efforts, and builds brand awareness for her clients. Amie is also a culinary nutritionist, spending time with clients as a Food Allergy Concierge and Pantry Stylist in the big apple of Manhattan. http://thehealthyapple.com/