- 4 cups Rudi’s Cinnamon Raisin Bread (make sure it’s stale bread) cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. orange zest
- 1/6 tsp. chili powder
- 1/6 tsp. sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place bread cubes in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown, turning once.
- Transfer warm bread cubes to a large bowl.. Toss with olive oil, cinnamon, vanilla extract, orange zest, chili powder and sea salt.
Add these sweet croutons to yogurts, rice and quinoa dishes, roasted vegetable dishes and pureed soups such as sweet potato. Croutons can be kept at room temperature in a zip bag for a few weeks.
Amie Valpone, HHC, AADP, Editor-in-Chief of The Healthy Apple is a Manhattan based Personal Chef, Professional Recipe Developer and Food Writer specializing in simple Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free ‘Clean’ recipes for the home cook.