Super Bowl Sunday is right around the corner, and lets face it, we know the snacks are just as important as the big game. Need a tasty treat that is not only easy to make, but is also healthy and something the whole family – including the kids – will love? Don’t worry we have you covered for this year’s gathering! Try making this scrumptious snack using our Rudi’s Gluten-Free Stuffing (if you have it on hand) or our Rudi’s Gluten-Free Bread:
- 1 lbs. of zucchini (pick decent sizes to cut into strips)
- 3/4 c. white rice flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ c. bread crumbs (For this recipe, we used Original gluten-free bread)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Place wire rack on cookie sheet lined with foil. Lightly cover rack with non-stick cooking spray.
- Chop zucchini into strips at desired length and width.
- Prepare the breadcrumbs. For this, place about half the bag of stuffing (or 3-4 pieces of lightly toasted or hardened Rudi’s bread) into a food processor along with the salt and pepper. Blend until it becomes a small crumb consistency.
- Place rice flour, eggs and crumbs into 3 separate bowls for dipping.
- Dip zucchini strips into the rice flour first, egg second and crumbs last. Once coated, place on wire rack. Continue this process until all zucchini strips have been coated.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown. Enjoy!
We served our fries with Annie’s Organic Cowgirl Ranch, which is also gluten-free, but feel free to serve with your own dipping sauce preference!