- 1 Loaf of Rudi’s Multigrain bread toasted or stale cut into cube sized pieces
- 2 Large ribs celery, diced
- 2 Carrots diced
- 2 Medium sized onions, diced
- 2 Tbs Garlic, chopped
- 1 Tbs each of Rosemary, Thyme and Sage
- 3/4 stick of butter or butter alternative
- 2 teaspoons of sea salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 cup of chicken broth or vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup of white wine
- 4 Tbs Parsley
*Raisins, walnuts, apples, bacon bits, roasted squash are all excellent additions to this recipe but not required!
- Toast bread cubes in a preheated 300F oven for 20 minutes or until dried. *Be sure to stir occasionally
- Sauté garlic, onions, celery and carrots in butter/butter alternative until soft and caramelized.
- Add herbs and salt and pepper and cook for 2-4 minutes
- If using wine add after 2-4 minutes and continue to cook over medium heat for 2-4 more minutes
- In a large bowl mix vegetables with bread cubes, broth and parsley. Transfer to a baking dish and bake for 20 minutes at 325F. *add alternative ingredients here!
This recipe can be partially assembled the day before and popped into the oven before meal time.