The Reuben Sandwich: a classic staple sandwich recipe that couldn’t be made gluten-free until now! Did you know Rudi’s Gluten-Free makes an excellent line of sandwich breads! It is made with “Only the Good Stuff,” meaning that GMO’s, additives, preservatives and high-fructose corn syrup are all ingredients that are left out of our small-batch recipes!
Our Reuben Sandwich recipe is a little different from most in that we included sautéed red onion and green bell pepper. Most Reuben Sandwich recipes call for Russian or Thousand Island dressing, which anyone can easily make from scratch. However, if you’re pressed for time, you can use any store-bought Thousand Island dressing.
Ingredients (Serves 6):
- Rudi’s Gluten-Free Multigrain or Orginal Bread
- Thousand Island Dressing
- 6 slices of Swiss cheese
- 1 green bell pepper
- 4 kosher dill pickles
- 1 red onion
- 1 tsp minced garlic or dried garlic granules
- 2 lbs. of corned beef
- 2 tbs. olive oil
- Thinly slice green pepper and red onion and add them to a medium/large sauté pan with 3 tablespoons of olive oil on medium heat.
- Take 6 tablespoons of Thousand Island dressing and mix in 1/2 tablespoon of paprika and 1 tablespoon of horseradish.
- Towards the end of your onion and pepper sauté, reduce the heat and add garlic. Stir frequently to ensure that the garlic does not burn! After 10 minutes on low heat, remove sauté from heat.
- Build your Reuben by spreading horseradish paprika Thousand Island dressing mix on one slice of bread followed by Swiss cheese, pickles, sauerkraut, sautéed veggies, corn beef and finally the second slice of bread.
- Grill on medium heat to your preference and enjoy!