- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 can (15 ounces) white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 2 slices Rudi’s Multigrain bread, toasted and cut into 1/4 inch squares
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice, plus lime wedges for serving
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Cook garlic and chili powder; cook for 2 minutes then add tomatoes, beans, chickpeas, vegetable broth, water, corn, sea salt and pepper.
- Bring soup to a boil then reduce to a simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat; add Rudi’s bread pieces and lime juice.
- Transfer to serving bowls. Serve with lime wedges.
Amie Valpone, HHC, AADP is a Manhattan-based culinary marketing consultant specializing in gluten-free “clean” eating. Her experience as a marketing consultant spans the hotel, spa, restaurant and FMG sectors, where she creates menus, develops marketing and publicity efforts, and builds brand awareness for her clients. Amie is also a culinary nutritionist, spending time with clients as a Food Allergy Concierge and Pantry Stylist in the big apple of Manhattan. http://thehealthyapple.com/