SERVES 2 or double servings
I am very serious about creating gluten free meals that are easy to make with wonderful gluten free products like Rudi’s breads. Cooking should be a joyful experience for everyone, including the GF chef. Eating, sharing foods and recipes feels so natural to me. I hope that this recipe puts a smile on someone else’s taste buds. Time to prepare: 20 minutes
2 slices of Rudi’s GF Sandwich bread
1/4 cup of olive oil, light or regular
1 large jarred red roasted pepper, chopped
1 sweet red pepper chopped
1/4 sweet onion chopped
1 large garlic clove split in half
8 olives black pitted, or green, a few kinds is best, chopped
1/2 cup chopped fresh curly parsley
1 heaping tbs tomato paste
black pepper, paprika and salt to taste
This is easy:
- Toast the bread until the crust is crispy and set aside
- In a large enough pan pour in half of the oil and saute the onions, peppers, parsley and garic on a medium heat.
- Toss in the olives and the tomato paste, and the remaining oil when the onions are fairly soft.
- Stir gently and remove from the heat
- REMOVE the two pieces of garlic and spread the mixture on to the bread slices.
- Cut into quarters, and serve.
So now you have a great GF appetizer recipe, no excuses when that GF guest comes over!
Recipe by Dorothy Kieffer