First, I believe my recipe should win because I know it would be a hit if Rudi’s started making more breakfast items like waffles, pancakes, and french toast sticks! People love the bread, I know they would love those!! Plus, it is what we want. Second, I took time to perfect these. No one can even tell they are gluten free. This would be a great addition to the Rudi’s GF bakery goods…french toast…I miss it, and now it is fulfilled. Time to prepare: 1 hrs
1 pk of firm organic tofu, blended smooth
1 tsp honey
1 – 1/2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp cinnamon
1/4 tbsp vanilla
1/2 cup Silk original soymilk
1/8 tsp of turmeric
Approx. 8 pieces of Rudi’s Gluten Free bread
Earth Balance Spread
Grade B 100% Maple Syrup
- The first thing that you want to do is blend up your tofu with the soy milk (or almond milk) in the blender. Once that is done, add the honey, brown sugar, cinnamon, vanilla and turmeric. Blend it up again.
- While that is blending, put on a griddle, or frying pan on medium high heat and place nonstick spray in it.
- Next, pour the blended mixture into a container…a wide enough container to fit pieces of Rudi’s bread, yet high enough not to spill the mixture.
- Next, take your Rudi’s bread, and literally drench both sides in the blended mixture.
- Now, take your bread and place it in the frying pan for about 3 minutes or so before flipping onto the other side. Do this with each piece of bread.
- Please understand, that it must be golden brown on each side. I say about 3 minutes on each side, but all stoves are different so it may take monitoring on your part to make sure all goes well.
- Once your breads are done, slice them into three’s or fours for the same effect I got, and place a little margarine on them ( I use Earth Balance), and add your favorite topping. I added maple syrup.
- Fun toppings to try:
strawberry, blueberry mixture
Recipe by Bellamy McKenzie