By Iris Higgins
Time to Prepare: 1 hrs 0 mins
• 2 slices Rudi’s Multigrain Gluten-Free Bread, diced
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1/4 onion, diced
• 1/2 red pepper, diced
• 1 cup chard leaves, chopped
• 1 tablespoon wheat free tamari
• 2 ounces fresh goat cheese
• 3 large eggs
• 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
• 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
• 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
• salt to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Spray a 10.5 in. pie pan with oil. Layer the diced bread in it and set aside.
3. Heat a skillet over medium heat with olive oil. Saute the onions for 3-5 minutes, until they begin to turn translucent. Add the peppers and tamari, and saute another 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the chard and saute another 1-2 minutes, until the chard is wilted. Take the skillet off the heat and set aside.
5. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, almond milk, nutmeg, and black pepper and salt. Stir in the sauteed vegetables. Pour over the bread evenly.
6. Chop up the goat cheese and sprinkle it over the quiche.
7. Bake at 375 for 40 minutes.