This sandwich is a staple at my house and one of the foods most sorely missed until I found your bread. It’s a perfect blend of fresh, summer flavors without the heaviness of a traditional Italian sandwich. Time to Prepare: 0 hrs 20 mins
8 slices Rudi’s Original Gluten Free bread
1 tbsp fresh minced basil
1 clove garlic, peeled and pressed
1/4 cup canola oil mayonnaise
1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
4 roma tomatoes, sliced lengthwise
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Prepare basil aioli by stirring in minced basil and garlic into mayonnaise.
3. Evenly top each slice of bread with 2 tablespoons shredded mozzarella.
4. Place on oven rack until cheese begins to melt and bubbles.
5. Remove from oven and top 4 slices of bread with tomato slices — I use 1 tomato per sandwich.
6. Top tomato with basil aioli and place remaining slices of mozzarella bread on top of the sandwich cheese side down.
Recipe by Elizabeth DeHart