This recipe is AWESOME! I am a huge Rudi’s fan and try to incorporate their breads into many of my recipes, but this one happens to be one of my favorites. The bread pudding is both Gluten and Dairy free and the perfect single serving dessert. It is also highly nutritious, full of protein, healthy fats, and low glycemic index sugars through the unfiltered maple syrup. The recipe is also incredibly versatile and could be made into a savory bread pudding in a heart beat! Chicken stock, garlic, sage and salt would make it pop with a poultry dish, and a little parmesan cheese would make it the equivalent of a gluten free pop-over 🙂 Time to prepare: 45 mins
2.5 slices of Rudi’s GF Multigrain Bread
1.25 cups Almond Milk
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp cardamom
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp grade B maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Break a slice and a quarter of Rudi’s GF multigrain bread into each ramekin (2).
- In a separate bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients: milk, vanilla, eggs, cinnamon, cardamom, salt, and maple syrup.
- Pour mixture over the bread in each ramekin so that all the bread is covered and soaking in the mixture.
- Place the ramekins on a cookie sheet and pop them in the oven for 25 minutes, or until lightly browned on top.
- Top with homemade whipped cream!
Recipe by Alyssa Tetrault