My recipe came out of a passion for food as well as creative and spontaneous experimentation. I love discovering new ways to satisfy my cravings with gluten free alternatives. This is actually the first time I have ever written a recipe of my own… I usually just wing it! But it always tastes delicious and is a healthy spin on a potential gut-bomb of a breakfast! Time to prepare: 20 mins
8 slices Rudi’s Gluten Free bread of choice ( I prefer multi-grain)
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
Maple Agave syrup
- Defrost 8 bread slices.
- Preheat lightly greased pan or griddle to a medium temperature.
- Scramble eggs in large bowl.
- Add nutmeg, cinnamon and vanilla to egg mixture.
- Dip bread slices in egg mixture so they are fully coated.
- Cook each slice on both sides until light brown or cooked throughout.
- Serve french toast on plate with banana slices (1/2 banana/ 2 bread slices) and drizzle with maple agave syrup. Garnish with whip cream if you like!
Recipe by Tierney Smith