This is a fairly easy recipe that is very special when served to guests. It looks like hard work but is not. Also, it’s delicious!! Time to Prepare: 1 hrs 0 mins
For each stuffed pork chop:
Thick pork chop prepared with pocket for stuffing (or two thin pork chops)
2 slices Rudi’s Cinnamon Raisin Gluten-Free Bread, cut into small cubes
1/8 cup boiling water
2 tsp melted butter
1 tsp honey
olive oil for frying
Acorn squash cleaned of seeds and sliced into 1 inch slices*
2 Tblsp melted butter mixed with 1 Tblsp Honey
*Grocer can cut squash into slices or squash can be partially baked, then sliced.
1. Mix water, butter and honey. Toss into bread cubes.
2. Brown pocketed pork chop on both sides in frying pan with small amount of olive oil.
3. Stuff pork chop with stuffing mixture and place in baking dish that has been prepared with cooking spray or lightly greased.
4. Place squash rings on top of pork chop(s) and brush with melted butter and honey mixture.
5. Add small amount of water to pan (approx. 2 Tblsp per chop). Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes, then uncover and cook for 10-15 additional minutes.
Recipe by Sharon (Campese) Walter