When I became gluten free the biggest worry I had was that I would no longer enjoy indulging in my favorite meal on the weekends – brunch. Everything was so gluten filled that I was worried my weekends wouldn’t be the same…So I started to create recipes that not only I could enjoy, but others could enjoy with me! This recipe is delicious and the perfect sweet start to your day! Time to prepare: 1 hrs
1 Loaf Rudi’s Original Bread, cut into 1″ cubes
8oz Cream Cheese, cut into cubes
1 1/2 Cups of Fresh (or frozen) Blueberries (or Sliced Strawberries)
1 Tbsp Vanilla
2 Tbsp Cinnamon
8 Large Eggs
1 3/4 Cups Milk
3/4 Cups Maple Syrup
6 Tbsp Melted Butter
1/2 Cup Walnuts
- Coat 13×9 Pan with Cooking Spray.
- Layer half the bread
- Scatter Cream Cheese cubes
- Layer all of blueberries and half of walnuts
- Sprinkle with 1 Tbsp of Cinnamon
- Cover with Remaining Bread
- Sprinkle with Remaining Cinnamon and Walnuts
- Whisk Vanilla, Eggs, Milk, Syrup, and Butter in a bowl and pour over top. Press down with a spatula so that the bread can soak up all of the wet ingredients.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight
10. Bake at 350F for 45 minutes the next morning!
Top with additional maple syrup if desired. Serve and Enjoy!
Recipe by Lauren Wuscher