Here at Rudi’s, we strive to create the most naturally sourced gluten-free bakery products on the market at the best value. We take pride in the fact that our products are competitively priced while every single ingredient across our entire line of products is GMO-Free.
This all being said, we acknowledge that gluten-free products are more expensive than there gluten counterparts. The last thing we want is for our products to go bad before they are entirely consumed. Since our products are made without GMO’s, they can be subject to accelerated deterioration if not handled properly.
Here are some valuable tips on how properly purchase and store Rudi’s Gluten-Free products to ensure the highest levels of taste, texture and freshness:
For Rudi’s Gluten-Free Breads, Buns and Rolls
- Avoid buying any Rudi’s Gluten-Free Breads that are sold outside of a freezer. Please notify both your grocery store manager and Rudi’s if you find this to be the case during your shopping experience.
- If stored outside the freezer, Rudi’s GF Breads have a shelf life of 5 Days.
- If you and your family/friends do not typically consume a loaf of bread within 5 days, always store your bread in the freezer. The best thawing method is to separate a portion of the loaf you need for a 3-5 day period and refreeze the remaining part of the loaf.
- Slices can be hard to separate if they have not been thawed long enough. Our gluten-free bread is most likely to thaw by the time you get home from the grocery store. To guarantee easy separation of slices, insert wax paper between slices before you refreeze the bread. This way you can separate the slices when they are frozen and then accelerate the thawing time by putting them in the toaster.
- Rudi’s Gluten-Free bread will last 6 months when stored frozen.
- Do not store gluten-free bread in the refrigerator because it will accelerate dryness in the bread.
For Rudi’s Gluten-Free Tortillas
- Rudi’s GF Tortillas can survive 10-14 days at room temperature and 30 days in the refrigerator.
- Therefore, unlike our breads, buns and rolls, Rudi’s GF Tortillas can be sold outside the freezer in stores that have high product turnover.
- That being said, our tortillas will always last longer if you store them in the freezer once you get home (Tortillas thaw very quickly)
- Rudi’s Gluten-Free tortillas will last 6 months when stored frozen.