Did you know that Rudi’s Gluten-Free has released a Gluten-Free, GMO-Free Stuffing just in time for the holiday season?! Try it today with a twist; Pear Toasted Walnut and Blue Cheese stuffing recipe!
- 6 cups (1-12oz bag) of Rudi’s GF Stuffing
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 1 large pear, chopped
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp paprika
- 1 tsp of minced rubbed rosemary
- 1 tsp rubbed sage
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped and toasted
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2/3 cup blue cheese, crumbled & divided
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and butter a 2-quart baking dish (13”x9”x2”). In a large skillet, heat the olive oil and then add the butter.
- Once melted, add the onion and garlic, cook on medium heat for about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Next add in the pear and cook until tender, for about 7 minutes. Add the salt, paprika, pepper rosemary and sage and stir to coat the mixture. Turn off the heat and set aside.
- Add Rudi’s Gluten-Free stuffing mix to a large mixing bowl. Add the onion-pear mixture and stir to incorporate. Stir in the toasted walnuts and add the chicken or vegetable stock one cup at a time until the stuffing reaches your desired consistency.
- Stir in the egg.
- Finally, stir in half of the blue cheese and transfer the stuffing to the baking dish, pressing it down gently. Sprinkle the remaining blue cheese onto the top of the stuffing and press the pieces into the top of the mixture.
- Bake covered for about 30 minutes, remove the top and bake about 15 minutes more, or until the top is browned and crispy. Serve warm and enjoy your rudilicious gluten-free stuffing!