Ever have your children come home from school and eat everything in the fridge before you can even make them a proper snack? Kids are always looking for something they can take with them. Whether it’s a play date, soccer practice, or just running around the back yard- after school snacks will keep them going until dinner time. One of my favorite things to make are Organic Gluten-Free Egg Muffins. They are jam packed with protein and it won’t leave them too full come dinner time.
- 1/2 c. chopped organic red pepper
- 1 c. chopped organic spinach
- 1. c. chopped organic broccoli
- 1/2 c. chopped organic onion
- 2 whole eggs
- 12 egg whites or 1.5 C Egg whites
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit. In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs and egg whites. Beat for 30 seconds. Add vegetables and salt and pepper.
- Take your Muffin tin and place muffin wrappers in each hole. With a ladle or 1/4 c. measuring cup, spoon out egg and vegetable mix into muffin wrappers.
- Place in oven for 15 minutes and enjoy!
Want to have an opportunity to win a $500 gift card to Whole Foods and many other prizes? Checkout the promotion Rudi’s is running for Take Your Parents to Lunch Day!:
Rudi’s is pairing with KIWI magazine and the School Nutrition Association (SNA) to sponsor National Take Your Parents to Lunch Day with a Say Cheese photo contest! The annual National Take Your Parents to Lunch Day campaign allows parents to experience school-provided lunch with their children. The goal is to encourage parents to have lunch in their child’s cafeteria, so they become aware of the food their children eat every day. Together, parents and food service providers are developing healthy nutritional habits for future generations. For more than 35 years, Rudi’s Organic Bakery has been making the lives of families healthier and happier by baking nutritious and delicious breads, made with entirely organic and GMO-Free ingredients! With no exceptions, Rudi’s breads have the cleanest ingredient labels that exclude the nasty stuff including high-fructose corn syrup and ingredients that require a P.H.D in chemistry to pronounce! Therefore, our partnership with KIWI magazine is a natural extension of this commitment.
“We are committed to making the world a healthier place, so sponsoring Take Your Parents to Lunch Day made perfect sense for us,” said Doug Radi, senior vice president of marketing and sales for Rudi’s Organic. “We believe in a better school lunch program and are thrilled to support initiatives that are working to improve what our children eat every day at school.”
To celebrate Take Your Parents to Lunch Day, Rudi’s Organic is getting deliciously cheesy. Now through Sept. 15, 2013, fans can enter the Say Cheese photo contest by submitting a photo of their child enjoying a delicious sandwich. Rudi’s Organic will select the top five photos, and from Sept. 30 to Oct. 11, fans will vote on the finalists to select the winner. The entry with the most votes will be named the grand prize winner on Oct. 16, 2013.
The participation process is simple.
- Parents snap a photo of their child enjoying a yummy sandwich, preferably made with delicious Rudi’s Organic or Rudi’s Gluten-Free Bread
- Parents upload the photo to the Take Your Parents to Lunch Day microsite and fill out the official entry form
- Parents are invited to share their image with friends to spread big smiles and encourage others to enjoy a delicious sandwich
The grand prize winner will receive a $500 gift card to Whole Foods Market in addition to being featured in a Rudi’s Organic advertisement. During the campaign, Rudi’s Organic will brighten the day of fans across the country with weekly prizes, given to random photo contest entrants. These weekly prizes include: Amazon gift cards, North Face backpacks, Razor scooters, Canon Powershot cameras, Wiis and iPad Minis.
To help parents pack a healthy lunch for their kids this back-to-school season, all visitors to the Say Cheese site will be able to download a $1 off coupon redeemable for any healthy, kid-pleasing, Rudi’s Organic or Rudi’s Gluten-Free product, including:
- Rudi’s Organic Honey Sweet Whole Wheat – A drop of golden honey goodness turns whole wheat into a treat in this sandwich bread.
- Rudi’s Organic 100% Whole Wheat –With whole wheat flour and a hint of molasses, this sandwich bread is sure to become a family favorite.
- Rudi’s Gluten-Free introduced a new softer and fluffier recipe in their Original, Multigrain, and Cinnamon Raisin Sandwich Breads. The new Sandwich Breads have a scrumptious taste, longer shelf life and double the fiber content with 2g per serving.
For more information on the Say Cheese photo contest and Rudi’s Organic and Rudi’s Gluten-Free products, including Sandwich Breads, Tortillas, Wraps, Buns, Rolls, Sandwich Flatz, Bagels and English Muffins, visit rudisbakery.com. For more information on National Take Your Parents to Lunch Day visit myhealthyschool.com. For more information on KIWI, visit kiwimagonline.com.
Throughout the month of August, we also will be providing new ideas to “UNJUNK” your kid’s lunchbox. Though blog posts, Facebook posts, Tweets and Pinterest boards, Rudi’s Organic and Rudi’s Gluten-Free will provide healthy product recommendations and lunchbox packing practices to ensure your child enjoys a tasty lunch without the junk!