Gluten-Free and Vegan
- 4 large fennel bulbs, sliced into 1/2 inch pieces, reserving fronds
- 2 slices Rudi’s Multi-Grain Bread, toasted
- Juice of 1 fresh orange
- 1/2 tsp. orange zest
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 1 tsp. coriander
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 cup hummus, for serving
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a food processor, pulse Rudi’s Gluten-Free Bread until it forms a bread crumb consistency.
- Lay fennel fronds in a large baking dish lined with tin foil; top with fennel bulb pieces. Sprinkle with Rudi’s bread crumbs, orange juice, zest, almonds, coriander and sea salt.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven; set aside to cool for 2 minutes before serving.
- Serve warm with a dollop of hummus.
Amie Valpone, HHC, AADP is a Manhattan-based culinary marketing consultant specializing in gluten-free “clean” eating. Her experience as a marketing consultant spans the hotel, spa, restaurant and FMG sectors, where she creates menus, develops marketing and publicity efforts, and builds brand awareness for her clients. Amie is also a culinary nutritionist, spending time with clients as a Food Allergy Concierge and Pantry Stylist in the big apple of Manhattan. Find her on Twitter @TheHealthyApple , on Facebook and at http://thehealthyapple.com/
*feature image taken by Amie Valpone