Gluten-Free Serves 1
- 1 head organic broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1/2 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts
- 2 tsp. sesame seeds
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- pinch of chili powder
- 2 slices Rudi’s Gluten-Free Multi-Grain Bread, toasted
- 1 small tomato, sliced
- In a medium pot, steam broccoli florets with 1 cup of water for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Combine steamed broccoli with remaining ingredients in a food processor; pulse until mixture forms a creamy consistency. Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve warm spread atop a slice of toasted Rudi’s Gluten-Free Multi-Grain bread; top with sliced tomatoes.
Amie Valpone, HHC, AADP is a Manhattan-based culinary marketing consultant specializing in gluten-free “clean” eating. Her experience as a marketing consultant spans the hotel, spa, restaurant and FMG sectors, where she creates menus, develops marketing and publicity efforts, and builds brand awareness for her clients. Amie is also a culinary nutritionist, spending time with clients as a Food Allergy Concierge and Pantry Stylist in the big apple of Manhattan. http://thehealthyapple.com/