Boy is it hot! We are in the heart of summer and the temps are surely rising. Luckily, there is one thing that is always refreshing and always delicious no matter how intense the heat gets.
Do you know what it is?!
That being said, I bet you can guess what today’s recipe roundup is all about!
With the help of GlutenFreely.com we created a collection of the smoothest smoothies around, quenching your thirst while holding up their nutritional value.
Raspberry lemonade is one of those drinks that captures the essence of summer in a simple combination. Making a smoothie while copying this wonderful flavor combo? Count us in!
This one is basically dessert in a glass, can you blame us for including this in the roundup? I didn’t think so. Creamy, dreamy and delicious, this smoothie will be sure to cool you down.
With a tropical spin this mix of oranges and papaya will send your mind straight to the beach. Live on the wild side and give this nontraditional fruit a try!
If you aren’t a big fan of smoothies or are a bit nervous about throwing the wrong ingredients together, here is a simple outline for how to make your blender your new best friend.
1. Use in-season fruit or the fruit you have on hand.
2. Think of fruits that you like eating together, no doubt when blended they’ll be just as delicious.
3. Frozen fruit totally works!
4. Add a protein base – yogurt, milk, non-dairy milk, protein powder, nut butters… the possibilities are endless!
5. Add ice cubes to ensure you reach the ultimate refreshment level.
6. Taste as you go – there’s no rule that says you can only turn the blender on once! Throw in a few things and give it a try, you’ll learn quickly what you want to change or you might decide the smoothie is perfect as is!
Be adventurous and stay cool!