Humans have consumed Quinoa dating back to the Incan Empire and it stands strong today as a versatile superfood perfect for any snack or salad. Quinoa is extremely protein-rich and contains double the fiber content of most grains. For further detail about the benefits of Quinoa, click here.
In celebration of Tortilla Tuesday, we are featuring a California Quinoa Salad Wrap that not just you, but also your kids will love! Rudi’s doesn’t want to take away from the healthy greatness of quinoa so we make a GMO-free, gluten-free line of tortillas. In fact, all Rudi’s products are entirely GMO-free! By leaving out those harmful ingredients, you will find that our tortillas will be a best tasting compliment to any quinoa dish, especially when grilled!
- 1 Package Rudi’s Gluten-Free Spinach Tortillas
- 1 Cup Mixed Quinoa
- 1 Cup Lentil Sprouts
- 1/2 Package Frozen Mango Thawed or 1-2 Mangos Chopped into 1/2 inch squares
- 1/4 Red Onion Diced
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper Diced
- 1/2 Small Bunch Cilantro Chopped
- 1 Cup Shredded Unsweetened Coconut
- 1/3 Cup Unsalted Dry-Toasted Slivered Almonds
- 3/4 Cup Raisins or Cranberries
- 1 1/2 Cups frozen edamame, thawed
- 2-3 Fresh Squeezed Limes
- 2-3 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar (or your favorite fruit-flavored vinegar)
- Rinse quinoa well and cook as directed typically in 2-3 cups of water.
- Fluff quinoa well when done, spread out and let cool.
- Gently mix ingredients with quinoa.
- Fill Rudi’s Gluten-Free Spinach Wrap and grill in a panini press (or skillet press)