For this recipe, we used our Gluten-Free Ciabatta Rolls. The size of these rolls are perfect for crostinis or bruschetta AND the insides of the rolls stay soft and fluffy after you bake or toast them!
Ingredients (for ~30 crostinis):
- 1 bag Rudi’s Gluten-Free Ciabatta Rolls (either flavor works!)
- 9 oz 100% baby kale
- 2 tbs. unsalted butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
- Slice Ciabatta Rolls into quarters and toast on low until slightly golden-brown
- In a small pan, cook kale until just tender (3-4 minutes). Drain, squeeze, and chop finely
- In a large skillet, melt butter and add garlic. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally for 2 minutes or until just starting to brown. Add kale and cook an additional 2 minutes, adding in red pepper and cream. Let sit on simmer until cream has thickened. Slowly stir in the blue cheese
- Spread creamed kale over tops of toasted Ciabatta Rolls and garnish with more cheese and/or and fresh parsley if desired.
- Best served warm.