Hello Gluten-free followers! How was your GF Thanksgiving? Now that Thanksgiving is over, the holiday season has officially begun and we are definitely getting into the holiday spirit here at Rudi’s Gluten-free Bakery. A few things on R mind R how to eat healthy GF, how to afford GF and how to enjoy the holidays GF! Today I would like to focus on the healthy gluten-free side of the holiday season. After you have finished off the last of those turkey-day leftovers it is time to get up and get out!
It is really easy during the holiday to put off your health goals until the New Year but why not embrace a change now?! Being gluten-free is not easy but after the inspiring response on R social media outlets during Thanksgiving it is clear that this is a strong community that is here to help all! So before you get to wrapped up in the holiday spirit take a step back and embrace the seasons with a little exercise and healthy eating!
Here are some activities that we thought were great ways to prepare for the holidays and get motivated to stay healthy!
1. Cut down your own Christmas tree! Embrace the winter weather, bundle up and trek out to nature…*or maybe just take a long walk in the woods and breathe in the winter air!
2. Winter cleaning! Pull up your sleeves, bring on the mop and get your kitchen to sparkle- having a clean, un-contaminated kitchen is very important for the Holiday baking season!
3. Find a friend! The holiday season is a great time to catch up with old friends and reminisce on the good old days! Instead of a lunch or coffee date why not suggest taking an exercise class or a window shopping date?
4. Cook healthy meals! Now that your kitchen is clean it is time to restock the refrigerator. Be sure to make a list before going to the store and don’t forget to check the freezer section for R bread! Check out R recipe gallery for some Rudific suggestions!
5. Go Caroling! There is no better way to spread the holiday cheer than walking door to door singing holiday songs!
Stay tuned for more tips, tricks and gluten-free gimmicks for the Holiday season!
Happy Gluten-free (holiday) Eating!