Have you seen the latest headlines on cosmetics exposing gluten to celiac sufferers? Well, it caught our eyes, so we decided to see what folks were saying around the web.
- Gluten in cosmetics may pose hidden threat to celiac patients
- Cosmetics harming people with celiac disease
- Gluten in Cosmetics Threatens Those With Celiac Disease
This got us thinking, what other non-food items contain gluten? One big culprit – our gluten-eating friends! It’s so easy to forget that their kitchens are not gluten-sanitized like our own. Yes, those yummy gluten-free muffins they made might look and taste so delicious, but did they make sure to use a new pan after they made the original gluten containing batch? Ahh…
Then there’s medications, sauces, deep-fryers, toasters, candy…
We found the following articles to help you out.
- Hidden Sources of Gluten
- Gluten Free Cheat Sheet
- Beware Of hidden Gluten; What Is It And Where Can It Be Found
- An Unsafe Ingredient List For Non-Food Products?
And play-dough! This can be a risk for kids with celiac disease. Lucky for us, there are mulitple gluten-free play-dough recipes on the web. Check out this one from Parents.com.