Baked on the Bright Side
Gluten-Free Tex-Mex Casserole made with Rudi’s Gluten-Free Tortillas
June 17, 2013
- 1 Lb Ground Beef.
- Whole kernel corn
- 1 can 8oz black beans
- 2 cans = 16 ozs tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons tabasco sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper (cayenne)
- 1/4 teaspoon of parsley
- 8 oz pkg of Rudi’s Gluten-Free Tortillas
- 4 1/4inch slices of Velveeta cheese
- In a quart sauce pan gently heat 1lb of ground beef, add drained corn and beans, chili powder, tabasco sauce, red pepper, and one of the 8-oz cns of tomato sauce.
- Stir ingredients and simmer for 10 minutes.
- In a baking dish sparingly cover the bottom with tomato sauce from the other 8 oz can; retain at least 1/2 of that sauce.
- Begin the layering of tortillas and top with the prepared seasoned ingredients.
- Over the top layer of tortillas pour remaining tomato sauce and top with cheese slices and sprinkle with parsley.
- Oven bake covered with foil but remove the foil the last 15 minutes of baking time.
- Bake a total of 30 minutes at 325 degrees.