- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 sweet white onions, diced
- 8 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 red pepper, seeded and diced
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 15-ounce cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
- Rudi’s Plain Gluten Free Tortillas
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onions, garlic, carrot and red pepper.
- Season with cumin and salt.
- Cover and cook until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
- When vegetables are done, transfer mixture to food processor or blender. Add beans and orange juice to the mixture and season with cayenne pepper. Puree until smooth.
- Return mixture to skillet, cover again and allow to simmer over low heat for 10 to 15 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool. Spread on tortillas, top with lettuce and cheese or your favorite toppings. Serve