Impress your friends and family with these delicious gluten-free appetizers this St. Patrick’s Day. They are so easy to make and yummy that everyone will want a bite! For more ideas, recipes, and drinks, check out our Pinterest board for a GF St. Patrick’s Day!
Gluten-Free green pinwheels
- Rudi’s Gluten-Free Bakery™ Spinach Tortillas
- 8 oz package softened cream cheese
- 1 container basil pesto
- 1 container hummus
- ½ cup finely diced tomatoes
- ½ cup chopped cucumber
- 1 package feta cheese crumbles
- ½ cup chopped green bell peppers
- Mix together equal parts pesto and cream cheese in a small bowl
- Spread a thin layer of the pesto cream cheese mixture over the tortilla, followed by a thin layer of hummus (make sure to leave about 1 inch around the perimeter free of any spread)
- Spread remaining ingredients evenly over the tortilla
- Tightly roll the tortilla and stick a toothpick in each end. Refrigerate for 1 hour
- Slice the rolls into small pinwheels
Gluten-Free Puppy Chow
- 4 cups rice squares cereal
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- 1 ½ TBSP butter
- 2 TBSP almond butter
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- ¼ cup green candy sprinkles
- Microwave the chocolate chips, butter, and almond butter in a large bowl for 30 seconds. Stir, and then microwave for 30 more seconds, stirring until smooth
- Pour the cereal squares into the bowl and stir until it is all evenly coated
- Transfer the mixture to a large seal-able bag, then add the powdered sugar and candy sprinkles
- Shake bag well until all the cereal is coated
- Spread out on a baking sheet or parchment paper and let cool 20-30 minutes
Avocado Fries with Cilantro Lime Sauce
(This recipe was borrowed from our Gluten-Free Recipe page. Check it our for more gluten-free goodness!)
- 4 slices Rudi’s Gluten-Free Bakery™ Multigrain Bread
- 2 large avocados
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil (for frying)
- 8 oz cup of plain Greek yogurt
- juice from one lime
- 1/3 cup of cilantro
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 small jalapeno (can add more depending on spice preference)
Preparation (avocado fries):
- Heat coconut oil on medium in a deep pan while preparing the fries.
- Process Rudi’s bread into fine crumbs in either a high-powered blender or food processor.
- Slice avocados in half lengthwise and cut into 1-1 1/2 inch thick strips.
- Combine bread crumbs, cumin and garlic salt in a medium sized bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs until yolks and whites are combined.
- Dip avocado slices in the egg mixture and then immediately coat in the bread crumbs.
- Fry avocados for about 45 seconds on each side, or until golden brown.
- Remove from pan, place on a paper towel and let excess oil drain off.