- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 celery stalks, coarsely chopped
- 1 ripened avocado, mashed
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. white balsamic vinegar
- 6 cups Rudi’s Multi-Grain, gluten-free bread, chopped into cubes
- 1/3 cup chopped celery leaves
- 1 Tbsp. sage, chopped
- 1 cup reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup dried cherries, chopped
- Sea salt and crushed white pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Over medium heat, cook onion and celery in a large skillet with olive oil, salt and pepper; stirring occasionally, until softened, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl and toss with bread cubes, dried cherries, white balsamic vinegar, mashed avocado, celery leaves, and sage. Set aside to cool for five minutes.
- Whisk together vegetable broth and egg in a large bowl. Gently toss with bread mixture until absorbed.
- Transfer to baking dish and bake, covered with foil for about 45 minutes.
Amie Valpone, HHC, AADP is a Manhattan-based culinary marketing consultant specializing in gluten-free “clean” eating. Her experience as a marketing consultant spans the hotel, spa, restaurant and FMG sectors, where she creates menus, develops marketing and publicity efforts, and builds brand awareness for her clients. Amie is also a culinary nutritionist, spending time with clients as a Food Allergy Concierge and Pantry Stylist in the big apple of Manhattan. http://thehealthyapple.com/