It is finally Thanksgiving Day! Your guests are supposed to be here only an hour before dinner giving you plenty of time to prepare in your kitchen.… WAIT! What’s that noise? A car door slamming, it is only 11:00 O’clock! Oh no! The guests R early!
Entertaining before the main event can be one of the most stressful and hectic times during Thanksgiving! Everyone wants to help, talk and catch up and usually there are too many people in the kitchen! The best way to manage the cooking and keep your guests busy is to delegate! While planning ahead always helps make the cooking process go much smoother delegating tasks that are simple, easy and will take guests out of the kitchen will help you manage your stress and time!
Here is a fun, hands on and appetizer ready recipe that will keep your guests busy and let the gluten-free goodness holiday begin!
The Guests Arrived Early, Get out of my Kitchen, Gluten-Free- Rudific Crostini’s!
6-10 slices of Rudi’s GF original bread (depending on # of guests)
Any leftover fixings you have in your refrigerator: Cheese, Herbs, Olives, Humus, Greens, Tomatoes, Avocados are all good ideas!
- Preheat oven to 400F……Instruct your guests to…
- Hand loaf of bread over to your guests with a cutting board and request they cut each slice into 4-6 squares (preferably send guests to a table outside of the kitchen!)
- While cutting squares, mince garlic and finely dice herbs
- Place squares on cookie sheet and lightly drizzle olive oil over the bread
- Sprinkle garlic and diced herbs on top
- Place in oven for 7-14 minutes (cooking times vary with oven) being sure to check every so often as to not burn the crostini’s
- While the crostini’s are cooking pull out a serving platter and the leftover fixings and request your guests to slice and cut toppings and place on platter
- Pull Crostini’s out and place on a plate and let your guest’s create and indulge in a Rudific creation!
Happy Gluten-free (Holiday!) Eating!