- 4 cups butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large leek, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups almond milk
- 1/4 cup Swiss cheese, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground smoked paprika
- 4 eggs
- 1 Tbsp. warm water
- 4 pieces Rudi’s Gluten-Free Multi-Grain Bread, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 3/4 cup Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Prepare a baking dish with nonstick baking spray.
- Arrange squash in a single layer on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with sea salt; bake for 15 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add leeks; cook for 5-7 minutes. Add garlic, and cook for another 2 minutes. Remove from heat; cool slightly.
- Combine almond milk, 1/4 cup cheese with white pepper, paprika, eggs and water in a large bowl; mix well to combine. Stir in squash and leeks. Add Rudi’s cubed bread; mix well to combine. Set aside for 15 minutes. Transfer into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with basil and Cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven; set aside to cool before serving.
Amie Valpone, HHC, AADP is a Manhattan-based culinary marketing consultant specializing in gluten-free “clean” eating. Her experience as a marketing consultant spans the hotel, spa, restaurant and FMG sectors, where she creates menus, develops marketing and publicity efforts, and builds brand awareness for her clients. Amie is also a culinary nutritionist, spending time with clients as a Food Allergy Concierge and Pantry Stylist in the big apple of Manhattan. http://thehealthyapple.com/