Join Rudi’s Gluten-Free Bakery and the National Foundation for Celiac Awareness (NFCA) for a special Gluten-Free Back-to-School Webinar
Importance of School Nurse Education & How-To Strategies for Parents of Gluten-Free Kids
Thursday, August 25th, 9 p.m. ET/6 p.m. PT
Join NFCA as Nina Spitzer, President of the Celiac Disease Foundation’s Greater Phoenix Chapter, leads this valuable hour-long session about your child’s gluten-free needs in and out of the classroom.
- Explain the 504 Plan and its impact on the child’s rights in the school environment.
- Advise why school nurses should be educated on celiac disease and the gluten-free diet, including a review of their role in the classroom setting.
- Provide a list of school support staff and their appropriate roles in accommodating a celiac child’s needs.
- Share strategies on how parents can maneuver the school year with their gluten-free child.
- Offer tips and suggestions on how parents can create a safe and healthy gluten-free school environment, including recipes and common challenges in the classroom’s social setting, such as lunch and snack time, birthday parties and field trips.Rudi’s Gluten-Free Bakery
Sponsored by Rudi’s Gluten-Free Bakery, this webinar is free of charge and the only requirement is a working Internet connection!
Watch & Win!
Three webinar participants will be randomly selected to win a prize pack from Rudi’s Gluten-Free Bakery. Each winner will receive:
- 100% organic cotton t-shirt.
- Large canvas bag ready for your next grocery trip!
- Kitchen items, including a refrigerator magnet, a sticky note set to track your grocery list, and a clip to keep your Rudi’s Gluten-Free Bakery bread fresh.
- 1$ off coupon for your next Rudi’s Gluten-Free Bakery purchase.
Three more webinar participants will be randomly selected to receive a prize pack of Rudi’s newest gluten-free products. Each winner will receive:
- 1 bag of Rudi’s Gluten-Free Multigrain Hamburger Buns
- 1 bag of Rudi’s Gluten-Free Multigrain Hot Dog Rolls
- 1 bag of Rudi’s Gluten-Free Pizza Crust
About the Panelist:
Gluten-free consultant Nina SpitzerNina Spitzer was biopsy diagnosed with celiac disease 15 years ago. She is the president and founder of the Greater Phoenix Chapter of the Celiac Disease Foundation, currently in its 11thyear. In addition, Nina is a gluten-free consultant with her own company Gluten Free – Absolutely! Recently, her passion for gluten-free awareness has turned to educating school nurses. With this goal is mind and with the support of her chapter, Nina created and has been presenting her SNAP program (or School Nurse Awareness Program) to school districts in her area.
Continuing Education Credit: Registered Dietitians (RD) and Dietetic Technicians, Registered (DTR) are able to participate in this live 60-minute webinar to obtain continuing education credits regardless of this program’s approval status as long as the webinar is professional in nature. RDs and DTRs simply need to retain a copy of the program evaluation available after their participation. Program participants will receive a link to complete the program evaluation after the close of the webinar.
Please note that RDs and DTRs are not permitted to claim credits by viewing archived webinars. Only those who register and attend live webinars will receive the opportunity to obtain continuing education credits.