Our guideline to making the perfect egg salad sandwich is to use fresh ingredients so that the flavors remain distinct. Check out our recipe below with our favorite recipe!
- 2 slice of your favorite Rudi’s Gluten-Free sandwich bread
- 3 eggs, hard boiled (see below)
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 leaves lettuce
- 1 tbs. fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tbs. fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbs. fresh lemon juice
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- To hard boil your eggs, bring 5 cups of water to a rolling boil. Place eggs in boiling water for 10-12 minutes. (The longer the eggs are in the water, they softer they’ll get!) Remove and place eggs in a small bowl in the fridge until they’re cool enough to peel.
- Chop up peeled eggs or lightly mash them in a mid-size bowl. Add mayonnaise and mix gently until eggs are well coated.
- Slowly mix in bell pepper, lemon juice, cilantro, parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Place egg mixture on one slice of toasted Rudi’s Gluten-Free bread. Top with fresh lettuce and cover with second slice of bread. Serve immediately.