Crispy Eggplant Fries
Gluten-Free and Vegan
- 1 large eggplant
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup green tea, brewed and chilled
- 2 slices Rudi’s Multi-Grain Bread, toasted
- Juice of 1 fresh lemon
- 1/3 tsp. sea salt
- 5 fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp. smoked paprika
- 2 Tbsp. ground flax seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a food processor, pulse Rudi’s toast until it forms a bread crumb texture.
- In a large bowl, combine balsamic, Rudi’s bread crumbs, green tea, lemon juice, sea salt, basil and paprika; mix well to combine. Set aside.
- Slice eggplant into 1/3 inch slices. Dip each eggplant slice into balsamic mixture to coat. Place eggplant slices onto a baking sheet or roasting pan. Toss lemon wedges on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven; set aside to cool for 2 minutes.
- Serve warm with fresh tomato sauce, pesto or hummus for dipping.
Amie Valpone, HHC, AADP is a Manhattan-based culinary marketing consultant specializing in gluten-free “clean” eating. Her experience as a marketing consultant spans the hotel, spa, restaurant and FMG sectors, where she creates menus, develops marketing and publicity efforts, and builds brand awareness for her clients. Amie is also a culinary nutritionist, spending time with clients as a Food Allergy Concierge and Pantry Stylist in the big apple of Manhattan. http://thehealthyapple.com/