- 6 cups (1 – 12oz bag) of Rudi’s Gluten Free Stuffing
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of minced garlic
- ½ cup chopped white onion
- ½ cup chopped celery
- ¼ cup chopped carrot
- 3 cups mixed mushrooms roughly chopped (fresh or frozen) – shitake, button, baby portabella, etc.
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon Bicentennial Seasoning (or your favorite turkey seasoning)
- 1 ½ cups of low sodium gluten-free chicken or vegetable stock
- Preheat oven to 400° and lightly spray a oven safe 2-quart baking dish.
- In a large skillet heat olive oil over medium heat sauté the garlic, onions, celery and carrots until the onions are translucent.
- Add in the mushrooms and continue to sauté for an additional three minutes.
- Season with kosher salt and Bicentennial Seasoning (or your favorite turkey seasoning)
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl add the Rudi’s Gluten Free Stuffing Mix and add in the mushroom mixture.
- Stir to evenly combine.
- Add the chicken or vegetable stock ½ cup at a time – you may need a little extra stock if the mixture is not damp enough after adding the 1 ½ cups.
- Add the stuffing mixture into your prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until top is golden brown. Serve warm.
Special thanks to Jenny for this excellent recipe! Visit Creative Cooking Gluten-Free for wonderful celiac-at-school lifestyle posts!