- 12″ Dutch Oven
- 1 lb. bulk spicy pork sausage
- 1 onion diced
- 1 small can evaporated milk
- 1 small can water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup gluten free flour
- 3 7 oz. cans whole green chilies seeded
- 3 Rudi’s Gluten-Free Tortillas
- 3 cups grated cheese, mixed cheddar and Montrey Jack
- Brown the onion and sausage in the bottom of the oven.
- Remove and set as side.
- Beat the eggs, milk, water, salt, and flour together, then stir in 2 cups of the cheese.
- Open out the chilies and put a layer in the bottom of the oven.
- Place one shell in the oven, then sprinkle 1/3 of the meat and cover with 1/3 of the egg/milk mix.
- Continue to build layers of chilies, meat and the rest of the liquid.
- Top with the remainder of the cheese. I try to save one chilies and arrange it in strips in a star pattern on top to decorate. Cook at 425 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes. It should set and get brown on top.