Chef Janet’s Gluten-Free Fig and Brie Bites Made with Rudi’s GMO-Free Tortillas!
These little bites are a perfectly elegant gluten-free appetizer for a party. And better yet they’re a snap to assemble. Get them assembled in the muffin tin ahead of time and bake right before serving.
4 Rudi’s Plain Gluten-Free Tortillas
4 fresh figs
a few ounces of brie
1/3 cup chopped walnuts
Pre-heat the oven to 350°
- Grease a 24 well mini muffin tin with canola spray.
- Cut the figs into small chunks. Cut 15 small chunks of brie.
- Heat the stack of tortillas in the microwave for 15 seconds.
- Use a 2½ round cutter to cut circles out of the tortillas. I was able to get 5 from each.
5. Press the circles into the muffin tin.
6. Fill with fig and brie and top with chopped walnuts.
7. Bake for 5-6 minutes or until the shells are golden brown.
About Chef Janet:
When food allergies led me to become gluten-free more than 10 years ago, I was faced with limited and sometimes unappetizing gluten-free options. More recently, the number of gluten-free products has expanded to the point of confusion! If you live gluten-free, you have probably experienced the same reality. I was inspired to become a chef, and studied Culinary Arts at Le Cordon Bleu College. I apply my culinary knowledge to creating gluten-free dishes that rival your all your favorites and will satisfy even the fussiest eaters.
I’m a Certified Culinarian with the American Culinary Federation and am ServSafe® Certified with the National Restaurant Association. I have a Master’s Degree in Education from UCLA and more than 20 years as a teacher and trainer. I combine my skills as a teacher and chef to design customized gluten-free recipes and menus and then teach you to prepare them for your family and friends.