Everyone can make a burrito or a taco with a tortilla. But I like to find new and different ways to use them. I make mini tarts using crepes in a mini muffin tin, but Rudi’s Gluten-Free Tortillas let me skip the step of making the crepe so I can go straight to putting the bites together. You can fill these with anything you like, savory or sweet, be creative. These are a great little sweet snack or a fun dessert for a party. Top with a marshmallow for kids or a little dollop of whipped cream for the grown-ups.
Makes 16 bites
- 2 Rudi’s gluten-free plain tortillas
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips or chunks
- 2-3 tablespoons natural peanut butter or almond butter (my preference), room temperature
- 2-3 tablespoons jam, any flavor
- 4-5 strawberries cut into small chunks
- 16 mini marshmallows
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°
- Use a 2 1/2″ round cookie cutter to cut the tortillas into circles. I was able to get 8 from each tortilla.
- Spray a mini muffin tin with cooking spray. Gently push one of the rounds into the muffin tin and immediately put in a few chocolate chips to weigh it down. Repeat with all the rounds. Add about 1/2 tsp of peanut or almond butter and 1/2 tsp jam to each one.
- Bake for about 8 minutes until the edges of the shells turn golden brown. Use a butter knife to help get them out of the tin.
- Top with fresh strawberries and a mini marshmallow. I like to light my marshmallows on fire.
About Chef Janet:
When food allergies led me to become gluten-free more than 10 years ago, I was faced with limited and sometimes unappetizing gluten-free options. More recently, the number of gluten-free products has expanded to the point of confusion! If you live gluten-free, you have probably experienced the same reality. I was inspired to become a chef, and studied Culinary Arts at Le Cordon Bleu College. I apply my culinary knowledge to creating gluten-free dishes that rival your all your favorites and will satisfy even the fussiest eaters.
I’m a Certified Culinarian with the American Culinary Federation and am ServSafe® Certified with the National Restaurant Association. I have a Master’s Degree in Education from UCLA and more than 20 years as a teacher and trainer. I combine my skills as a teacher and chef to design customized gluten-free recipes and menus and then teach you to prepare them for your family and friends.