August is the month when summer vacation is winding down and BACK TO SCHOOL preparations are in FULL SWING. School clothes.. school supplies.. and new sleep patterns become a parents’ focus. If you have kids with dietary restrictions of any kind, lunch prep will also be in the forefront of your mind.
Join Rudi’s Bakery, KIWI Magazine and the School Nutrition Association (SNA) as they sponsor the National Take Your Parents to Lunch Day, with a ‘SAY CHEESE’ photo contest! The goal is to encourage parents, such as yourself, to have lunch in your child’s cafeteria so you can be better aware of the foods your kids are offered at school. Even if you’re a parent who packs your kids’ lunches every day, don’t think you CAN’T be a part of this great contest!
The GRAND PRIZE is a $500 gift card to Whole Foods. Weekly prizes will be offered which will include items such as: Amazon gift cards, North Face backpacks, Razor scooters, Canon Powershot Cameras, Wiis and iPad Minis! All visitors to the Say Cheese Site will be able to download a $1 off coupon for ANY Rudi’s Organic or Gluten-Free Product.
Here’s the basics:
- Now thru September 15, 2013, fans can enter the “Say Cheese” photo contest by submitting a photo of your child enjoying a delicious sandwich.
- Rudi’s Organic will select the top five photos, and from September 30th thru October 11th fans will vote on the finalists to select a winner.
- The entry with the most votes will be named the grand prize winner on October 16, 2013.
How do you participate?
- You, the parent, will snap a photo of your child enjoying a tasty sandwich, preferably made with your favorite Rudi’s Organic or Rudi’s Gluten-Free Bread.
- Parents upload the photo to the ‘Take Your Parents to Lunch Site’ and fill out the official Official Entry Form.
- Parents are invited to share their image with friends to spread the fun and encourage others to enjoy and share their tasty sandwich choices, as well as partake in joining their kids for lunch!
For more information on the Say Cheese photo contest and Rudi’s Organic and Rudi’s Gluten-Free products, visit rudisbakery.com. For more information on National Take Your Parents to Lunch Day, visit myhealthyschool.com. For more information on KIWI, visit kiwimagonline.com.
Looking for lunch recipes to help “UNJUNK” your child’s lunchbox from highly processed, low-nutrient foods, and replaces them with low-ingredient list foods with high nutritional value? Check out the following:
- Rudi’s Recipe Blog Post – https://www.rudisbakery.com/organic-blog-post/convincing-your-kids-to-eat-more-fiber-with-an-organic-hummus-sprouted-sandwich-served-on-rudis-organic-bread/
So, ADD eating lunch with your kids to your ‘BACK TO SCHOOL TO DO’ list. Even if it means taking a 30 minute break from work. Your kids will love having you there. You will get to enjoy the cafeteria experience. Snap a few cute pics and send them in to Rudis! This could also be an opportunity for you to get to know the cafeteria staff and find out more about what food they serve.
You just may be surprised to find that your kids JUST may be able to jump in the lunch line with their peers this year! As a parent of children with multiple food allergies, I NEVER thought my kids would be enjoying hot lunch. With some perseverance, kindness and incredible cafeteria ladies, my kids look forward to salad bar, hot dog, chili and hamburger lunch days at school! You’ll find us in the lunch line with our favorite rolls from Rudi’s!
Daniella Knell, is the owner of Smart Allergy~Friendly Education. Her passion for allergy awareness and education is driven by having 2 children with 6 of the top 8 allergens. You can find her presenting in local schools and hospitals, offering one-on-one consulting, and promoting her SAFE food allergy labels locally at Jake’s Gluten-Free Market in Boise. Her personal mission is ‘to alleviate food allergy fears one classroom at a time’ while helping others – children and adults – realize all of the resources available to help them navigate the twists and turns of their food allergy journey. Follow her at: www.smartallergy.blogspot.com, Facebook, Linked In or Twitter