About ten days ago, Rudi’s fan, Elaine, was kind enough to send us her recipe to create a tortilla bowl with our critically acclaimed gluten-free tortillas! This weekend, I had the chance try the recipe out and it worked wonderfully! Except this time, I added my Carne Asada taco recipe to it!
Upon completing my version of recipe, I was impressed at how well the GF tortilla bowl held up! As you can see, I filled up the bowl entirely with steak, rice and beans. Not once during my meal did the bowl crack; that is of course until I cracked the bowl myself to turn it into the most delicious GF tortilla chips and scoop up the remainder of my meal ;).
Here his my Carne Asada tortilla bowl recipe:
Ingredients (Serves 1):
- 1 Rudi’s Gluten-Free Fiesta Tortilla
- 4 oz of Your Favorite Cut of Beef
- 1 ½ Cup of Black Beans (Cooked)
- ½ Cup of Wild Rice (When uncooked)
- Crumbled Queso Cheese
- Chopped Jalapeño
- Chopped Onion
- Chopped Cilantro
- Your favorite salsa
- 1 Lime Slice
- Boil water and begin cooking rice and or beans.
- Use a small pot to heat up canned beans on low heat.
- Tortilla Bowl (Prep time: 25 min):
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Turned an ovenproof cereal bowl upside down on a cookie sheet, and spray it with non-stick cooking spray.
- Set a Rudi’s Gluten-Free Tortilla on top (fresh out of the freezer) and sprayed it with cooking spray.
- Place another identical bowl face down over the tortilla then put it in a 350-degree oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Prepare your steak to your liking
- Remove tortilla bowl from oven and add rice first, then your beans and steak.
- Add Garnishes