Those with gluten-intolerance can still indulge with this decadent dessert. It is simple to make and sure to be a hit for everyone. Think of elegant Bellagio, whether Italy or Vegas (as was my inspiration!), as you savor each chocolately and custardy bite. Time to prepare: 1 hr and 30 mins
½ loaf Rudi’s Original Gluten-Free Sandwich Bread, cut into bite-sized pieces
2 cups milk divided
¾ cup sugar
3 ounces butter cut into small pieces
6 ounces bittersweet chocolate chopped
¼ cup white rum
- Soak bread in 1 cup milk.
- After 10 minutes squeeze out milk.
- Butter and flour a 9-inch square pan.
- With a whisk mix eggs, remaining 1 cup milk, sugar and rum.
- Add chocolate to egg mixture.
- Put bread in prepared pan.
- Pour egg mixture over bread.
- Crumble butter on top.
- Bake at 350° for about 1 hour until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Best served warm.
Recipe by Kurt Fulwider