This recipe is delicious!!! And it was invented because of Rudi’s multigrain bread. No other gluten-free bread would have been able to withstand the soaking in egg and coconut milk. All other breads would have fallen apart. I was able to create this recipe because of the durability of Rudi’s. Time to prepare: 40 mins
3 large eggs
½ c. So Delicious Vanilla Coconut Milk
1 tsp. agave nectar
¼ tsp. cinnamon
½ tsp vanilla extract
pinch of sea salt
4 slices of Rudi’s Gluten-Free Multigrain Bread with the crusts cut off
2 T. almond butter
1 banana, sliced
1/2 tsp. cocoa powder, split
canola oil spray
1.Preheat the oven to 375˚F.
2. Whisk together the eggs, coconut milk, agave nectar, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and sea salt.
3. Dip two Rudi’s Gluten-Free bread slices, one at a time, into the egg mixture, turning once.
4. Then place the coated bread in a single layer into a baking dish lightly greased with canola oil spray.
5. Arrange sliced bananas on top of the bread slices, spread almond butter over the top, and sprinkle with cocoa powder.
6. Soak two more Rudi’s Gluten-Free bread slices in the egg mixture and create a top layer.
7. Pour the remaining egg mixture over the top layer of bread and sprinkle extra cinnamon or cocoa powder on top.
8. Bake in the oven for about 20 to 25 minutes, or until the bread begins to toast. Remove the French toast from the oven and serve.
Recipe by Gluten-Free Cat